Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool sites, indeed, Harrie.

As a DW/XaraX user, I will try to get round to having a play, but my office is surrounded by power chisels at the moment so it's too noisy to concentrate!

Don't give up hoping!

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

It works Ok for me. The steps I took were:

1. select NavBar tool
    2. Select all of the NavBar buttons
    3. click export on the toolbar
    4. in the "Image Slicing" dialog box select the existing html file where you want the NavBar inserted.
    5. In the Drop Down "Save as Type" select the image file format you want to create - probably GIF Slices (the default)
    6. click Save
    7. In the next dialog box click "Insert". If this is the first time you have saved to this html file the NavBAr will be inserted at the head of the file just after the BODY tag. After the html file and the graphics have all been saved you will probably want to move this to the correct place using Dreamweaver (Xara X creates a table called "XaraTable", select this and move it to where you want it to be). If this is the second or subsequent time you have saved the navbar to this html file then Xara will replace the existing NavBar (ie the table called "XaraTable") with your new changes.

Hope this helps
    Brian

Thanks Brian.

It's obvious if you ignore the fact that it says save as "slice .gif" or "slice .jpg" etc. and you just put in an xxx.html page.

I was waiting to see a prompt/box that said "save/insert to HTML" box.

It's not obvious from the help file or the box that appears that it is asking to to enter an html file. I should have (hind sight being what it is) figured it out when the name I entered for a gif slice actually ended up as the stand-alone .html file.

Thanks for you support.

Turan

That's saved me! Still one more day of hammering to suffer from.

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

I'm kinda new to this importing navbars to the web using dreamweaver. I read the steps taken by Brian but am still a little unclear on how to use dreamwaver to upload the navbar files to the web. Could someone please explain futher.

Thanks

It works Ok for me. The steps I took were:
    1. select NavBar tool
    2. Select all of the NavBar buttons
    3. click export on the toolbar
    4. in the "Image Slicing" dialog box select the existing html file where you want the NavBar inserted.
    5. In the Drop Down "Save as Type" select the image file format you want to create - probably GIF Slices (the default)
    6. click Save
    7. In the next dialog box click "Insert". If this is the first time you have saved to this html file the NavBAr will be inserted at the head of the file just after the BODY tag. After the html file and the graphics have all been saved you will probably want to move this to the correct place using Dreamweaver (Xara X creates a table called "XaraTable", select this and move it to where you want it to be). If this is the second or subsequent time you have saved the navbar to this html file then Xara will replace the existing NavBar (ie the table called "XaraTable") with your new changes.
    Hope this helps
    Brian

I use Dreamweaver 4 and Fireworks 4 for developing web based training ( the advantage to using Fireworks is that you can click on the graphics, etc and you have an option to edit them in Fireworks and when you finish click "Done" in Fireworks and you are back in DW with the edited graphic, navbar, etc.). The way it works is to export your Fireworks navbar as an HTML file, and DW has an option to "Insert Fireworks HTML" (I usually do this in a layer), so I would insert a layer and click on "Insert Fireworks HTML", select your HTML file from XARA and see what happens.

Art