Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

united edge records

the above link will bring you to a website i just recently finished. its constructed using one main movie that loads external movies into a containerClip on the main stage. pretty much everything works fine, except that most of the time, the first time you click on a menu, you only see part of the movie appear. i was wondering if anyone knew what causes this, and/or any solutions. someone i asked already had brought up the idea of preloading any external txt files (that are contained in the external movies) into the main movie. i dont think this is the right remedy as only one of the movies has an external txt file. the other has internal txt files, and the other two dont have any text at all. anyone have any ideas? it would be much appreciated. thanks a lot.

i posted this part on the flash board, but i posted here as well because i would also like to know what anyone thinks, and if they have any suggestions for any improvements, or if there are any other bugs i am unaware of on different platforms and/or browsers. thanks a lot.

rock.

UBBCode edited by Moderator to open link in new window.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 03, 2003 at 20:19.]
    IP

united edge records

the above link will bring you to a website i just recently finished. its constructed using one main movie that loads external movies into a containerClip on the main stage. pretty much everything works fine, except that most of the time, the first time you click on a menu, you only see part of the movie appear. i was wondering if anyone knew what causes this, and/or any solutions. someone i asked already had brought up the idea of preloading any external txt files (that are contained in the external movies) into the main movie. i dont think this is the right remedy as only one of the movies has an external txt file. the other has internal txt files, and the other two dont have any text at all. anyone have any ideas? it would be much appreciated. thanks a lot.

i posted this part on the flash board, but i posted here as well because i would also like to know what anyone thinks, and if they have any suggestions for any improvements, or if there are any other bugs i am unaware of on different platforms and/or browsers. thanks a lot.

rock.

UBBCode edited by Moderator to open link in new window.

[This message was edited by Mike Bailey on November 03, 2003 at 20:19.]
    IP

the problem was solved, as i stated in the flash section, it was a scripting error that i have fixed, but the files wont be up til monday. id still like to know what anyone thinks of the site over all.... thanks

rock.
    IP

Pop up box.

Blocked.

Bye Bye.
    IP

um. ok.

rock.
    IP

After 60 secs on a 56k modem, I still had nothing to see.

I appreciate that your target market may have ADSL etc but I don't.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

yes, as someone else in another post had informed me, the majority of the uk market does not run on any kind of broadband connection, unlike the us market where most major cities are saturated with the connection. still, the movie is sibdivided to make it load even faster, but i understand that 300 k is still a while to wait on a 56 k modem, thanks anyway. maybe some time in the future an html version will be developed, but its not likely. thanks anyway.

rock.
    IP