Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've seen this subject broached a couple of times on this forum but no one has actually answered.

I have no problems with using pal directly or creating them with Xpal and using them as directed in the Xara help topics.

However, I've never been able to do the same with cpl palettes which Xara help states should work the same way as pal...

Does this advertised feature work??? Or is this one of those rare bugs I keep hearing about??

I'd really like to add some of CD's custom palettes
    to Xara. I know I can wrangle them in with Xpal but just wondering if I can do it thru the stated front door and save a couple minutes.

Tom

I've seen this subject broached a couple of times on this forum but no one has actually answered.

I have no problems with using pal directly or creating them with Xpal and using them as directed in the Xara help topics.

However, I've never been able to do the same with cpl palettes which Xara help states should work the same way as pal...

Does this advertised feature work??? Or is this one of those rare bugs I keep hearing about??

I'd really like to add some of CD's custom palettes
    to Xara. I know I can wrangle them in with Xpal but just wondering if I can do it thru the stated front door and save a couple minutes.

Tom

I just tried to open a CorelDRAW 11 cpl file and got an error not a CorelDRAW cpl file.

I wonder if CorelDRAW has modified their cpl files to the point that other applications do not recognize them?

My copy of DRAW 11 is disabled at the moment, and I have not bothered to reinstall it (what's the point, eh?). But I wonder, can you save a CorelDRAW palette in either format and open it in Xara X.

I know you can create palettes and save them in DRAW. You might want to give it a try.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

I don't have CorelDraw, but I downloaded three Draw 9 cpl files from a vinyl site. I cannot import any of the three. I get an error saying there are no filters for the file type.

I also put the three files in the palette folder as mentioned in Xara Help. They showed up in the colour gallery, but when I tried to select one I got the no filter error again.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Looks like a file form Corel Xara will work. And, a file from Corel 7. Corel 10 files didn't work, and were not back compatible with 7. Must be like the Photoshop filters in that the latest versions are no longer compatible. Rich

You might try these. Rich
    Attached Files Attached Files

Rich, I extracted one of the cpl files into my XaraX\Palettes folder. When I opened XaraX and the colour gallery it shows and the colours can be selected as any of the other palettes.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Rich et al,

I tried CD 10, 9, 8 and none of those cpls worked. I guess Xara does need an upgrade... Hope it hasn't been abandoned (version 8 is many years old), that would be a crying shame.

Anyway, Xpal works beautifully, processing a screenshot of CD palettes and producing a workable pal. Thanks to Brian for that gem.

Tom