Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I'd like to try Corel Draw but there's never a trial version. Corel only has trial versions for Bryce and Word Perfect (and some other products from micrographics which already had them as demos anyway). What possible reason could Corel have for not supplying a 30 day demo. How do they expect to get new customers?

David K ... www.dkingdesign.com http://www.dkingdesign.com/stuff/signature.jpg
    IP

I'd like to try Corel Draw but there's never a trial version. Corel only has trial versions for Bryce and Word Perfect (and some other products from micrographics which already had them as demos anyway). What possible reason could Corel have for not supplying a 30 day demo. How do they expect to get new customers?

IP

David, how can you have trial downloads of a program weighing more than a 600-pund gorilla? Only NASA has the bandwith!

K
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/
    www.klausnordby.com/xara
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")

IP

Excellent ... I see Corel has a trial download of suite 11. It's a big file (227megs) but with flashget and a cable modem it only took 9 minutes. Has some neat tools so far. Nice to finally get a chance to check it out!

IP

I see that compusa has racks full of
    free demo discs for Draw11 suite.

Kevin
    IP

which I JUST loaded, and like
    very much! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] It just doesnt have
    that "stick in the mud" feel of
    the other Draw versions I have
    tried. The artistic drawing strokes
    are nice...maybe not up to Expression2
    level, but very nice.

Kevin N.
    IP

Have owned and used CorelDraw starting with Version 4 - using CD7 now. Have always wanted to up grade every other version but CD9 sounded awful and CD10 seemed even worse.

CD11 is getting great reviews but then I read it "needed" to run on Win2k or WinXP and I would need to upgrade from Win98. After checking news groups etc. and Corel itself seems Win98 will be just fine. Ordered it TODAY!!!

Can't wait to try it out......CD7 has been great to use and this should be even better.

Bob C.
    IP