Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Painter 7 info

Just got my copy of Painter 7 today. Sofar everything was worked well. The watercolor brushes look awesome.

The only bug I have found is that Zoom to fit window does not work.

Painter 7 really loads fast too!

--Randy
    Win Me 1.0 PIII 512 megs ram
    IP

Just got my copy of Painter 7 today. Sofar everything was worked well. The watercolor brushes look awesome.

The only bug I have found is that Zoom to fit window does not work.

Painter 7 really loads fast too!

--Randy
    Win Me 1.0 PIII 512 megs ram
    IP

Randy,

so is it zippy? how do the layers respond?
    Loads fast? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] neat

What vid card are you using, do you know?

ok so watercolor is cool. the other brushes? how are they doing on responsiveness?

does it come with a tutorial booklet or is the tutorial on cd? How many CDs do you get? did they throw in any of Kai's Power Tools like last time?

do you have version 6?

thanks for you time,

Athena
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

There are only two things I wanted from the P7 upgrade, which in my opinion should have been patches for P6.

One was a Vis Mask that does not do destructive edits. The other was a zoom that doesn't have set values.

I don't know about the Vis Mask yet, but are you saying that the variable zoom is not working or what?

thelonious
    IP

Zoom is great I posted a overview of it on my email list as well as the website.
    http://painter101.manilasites.com/
    Looking into the Vis Mask business.
    IP

Due to my parents coming in from Tennessee yesterday, I did not have a chance to put Painter through to many paces. (that and my general lack of painter knowledge).

1) All the brushes that I usded responed well (at least as fast as in V6)

2) I have a GeForce 32mb graphics card.

3) Variable Zoom works great! (finally!)

4) Masking I do not know. Have not tried it and really do not know much about this in Painter. I always used PSP for that and now Photoshop.

Hopefully Saturday I will have time to learn and play more. Tonight (Friday) I am taking my Parents out to eat and all.

--Randy
    IP

okay people. i've been playinging with P7 for a couple of days now. the 'zoom to fit' command renders the canvas to 1% size! just like it did in the betas. also if you customize your art materials palettes, 'colors' will disappear even if that was not selected. you have to quit and relaunch to get colors back [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] this is what it was like in the beta... i'm sure i logged both of these! maybe not.

as for launching:

28-29 seconds for P7

13 seconds for P6

this is on my G4 400.

the new brushes are s till really slow. don't know if i'll use them at all. the P6 watercolor brushes are not part of the brushes. so paulo, you'll have to load them from the contents CD [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

screen refreshes are twice the time. why liquid ink is slow is beyond me! it looks so simple!! i don't get it.

but overall i like i P7. all the brushes i like to use work fine. but i'm not sure the upgrade was a must. P6 is amazing. P7.... it's not much of an improvement.

i'll see how it goes.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

sssssssssstecyk66..........................
    IP