Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

16 meg riva TNT video. No camera software.
    Can't export anything from name gallery without crash.
    PIII 450, 256 meg RAM, win'98

Wayne

Me too I have no camera, and a RIVA TNT video card...so I think this is a great mystery. Did you try downloading and installing the new DETONATOR drivers?

I get a nice blue screen with a fatal error.
    Running Win98 and Nvidia Riva TNT2 (latest drivers).

Richard
    design | graphitedesign.net
    photography | richardcassidy.com

Perhaps we still do something different. Can you exactly describe what you do (detailed) so that I can try it out on my system? Because this is bizarre.

Gary and others,

Since I experience the same floating point divide by zero error and Xara X crash, I tried the following:

I uninstalled my Olympus Camedia and Xara X programs and reinstalled them--Xara X last. No change, I still crashed when I tried to perform a jpeg export of a simple object from the names gallery.

I uninstalled both programs again. Then I installed only Xara X from the CD. No problem!

Then I installed the March 1st Xara X patch, and the problem returned.

I re-downloaded the patch (just in case Xara did a slipstream upgrade without formally notifying anyone). I uninstalled Xara X completely and re-installed. Same problem as ever.

My not quite scientific conclusion is that the Olympus software is probably not involved (unless some miscreant DLL file is being left behind). The problem does seem to be tied to the Xara X patch. Of course, as commonly happens, it may be an interaction between the patch and other bits and pieces that only some of us have.

PIII 866, 384 MB, Leadtek Nvidia Geforce II 32K, original video drivers.