Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Artist???

If Da Vinci were alive today , he would have invented XaraX [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ... hehe

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

This is an excellent topic in which everyone ponders upon sometime in their life! I've said this many times also. I do not believe "art" can be defined exactly, it can be put into general terms like something someone creates, but no one has the right to say exactly what art is. On the subject of being an artist, I believe (off the subject of drawing on paper or computer) that every single person that God put onto this earth is an artist. I believe an artist is simply one who creates, whether it's illustrations/drawings, music, writings, anything. Everyone eventually creates something in their life and therefor I consider them an artist. So, sorry Ross, I believe you have created MANY good creations and therefor I consider you a great artist [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

No need to be sorry Steve. I believe that we are all creative beings. If art is a product of creativity then we are all capable of creating art - even those people who appear on the Jerry Springer show! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Here's something I wrote about creativity on my website: "All of us are creative beings. I believe that when we act creatively our lives are enriched. Unfortunately, it is possible to live our lives devoid of much creativity. Our lives are far richer when our brains crackle with the sparks of creative thoughts. Working as a architectural designer, I've found the more we "exercise" our creativity, the more creative we become. Creativity feeds on itself. When you regularly act creatively, whether it's playing with your children or thinking of how you'll spend future lottery winnings, your life becomes a series of opportunities in which you can express yourself creatively. I believe you're better for it."

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Someone posted a link to this site on the Painter list today. If nothing else it will teach you what not to do.

http://www.badart.com/

Judi

Obviously your an artist in more than graphical ways also! Very well written I must say, I like it a lot! It sums my (and your)idea up very well. I'm sure I'll have to quote you sometime later in life. ttyl

Steve Newport
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

"Someone posted a link to this site on the Painter list today. If nothing else it will teach you what not to do." ....

Sorry , I must disagree with you. I looked at these paintings and found many to be quite powerful and full of 'vision'. I have to wonder what this person who made the site thinks about such artists as Van Gogh, Cezanne, Picasso, and others ... probably not much.

I also find some of the commentary about the paintings to reveal a person who has a very narrow opinion about what is art. Of course I have found myself saying similar comments about paintings which are (for example) a canvas of one solid color ..... so I guess were all have our limits.

David K
    www.dkingdesign.com

(heck ... I like the portrait of General Stonewall Sorenson at

http://www.badart.com/badart2/_stonewall.html

but aparently this person finds it unrefined ... oh well, maybe General Stonewall
    Sorenson wasn't that refined either in real life)

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I too went to that bad art site and I felt most of it wasn't "bad". I followed a number of links until I found this terrific site. I'm serious that I like Mr. Bradbury's art. Check it out. (The La-La is beautiful).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

IMHO the man who made this site is both far too full of himself and totally insensitive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>