Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

How do I change the color of the background and/or the background layer? I can't find this anywhere in the books.
    IP

How do I change the color of the background and/or the background layer? I can't find this anywhere in the books.
    IP

OK, I read the change color post by Gnu 41, played around a little bit, and got the background color changed. But, it's color is shown as the foreground color on the color palette. I'm feeling a little dense right now.
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

There are several ways to change the background color.

If you have a solid color background, use the Magic Wand....click on the background. Once the background is selected, you can then fill with whatever color or texture you wish. You may, howver have to go in with the paintbrush and fill areas around the image with the new color....so be sure to zoom in to check.

The second way is to select the Magic Wand Tool...click on the background, then go to Selections ( at the top of the menu) and Choose invert. Zoom in on your image....and look to make sure there are not a lot of background pixels left around your image. If there are...go back to Selctions, chose Modify...then choose Contract. Contract the selection by 1 or 2 pixels.

Now copy the results....open a new transparent graphic the size you want...add a new layer and paste the image. Go back to the first layer...and fill with a color that will allow you to see the edges of your new image. Select the layer the new image is on....Zoom in and erase the stray old color pixels around the image.

If you want to add a drop shadow....use the magic wand...click on the background...go to Selection Invert.. then Selections, Contract....and contract by 1 or 2....then go to Effects and add your drop shadow.

Now....go back to the bottom layer...and refill with the color of texture of choice. You should have a new image with a new background.

Save as a psp file first to preserve the layers for future editing...then Merge the layers, when satisfied... and save as a jpg, png or gif and you're done!

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.

[This message was edited by SandDancr on November 20, 2002 at 15:41.]
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimB:
    OK, I read the change color post by Gnu 41, played around a little bit, and got the background color changed. But, it's color is shown as the foreground color on the color palette. I'm feeling a little dense right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want to change how the transparancy looks you can change that by going to FILE , PREFERENCES, GENERAL PROGRAM PREFERENCES and click the transparancy tab....

Changing Transparancy

above is a link to my old sims site that has a short tutorial about using transparent backgrounds.

http://users.adelphia.net/~70chris/s...olidaytag1.gif </img>
    IP