Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I made a Startpage for my school in Salzburg where i am Teacher now.

When i made buttons with the function Mouse over - i get always the Internet-Explorer message thet popups are dangerous.

is there a solution? - Of corse a solution in Xara - becaus i cant make all visitors turn off their popup-blockers..

Try the Url and see if you work with Internet explorer fow Windows XP sp2

I made a Startpage for my school in Salzburg where i am Teacher now.

When i made buttons with the function Mouse over - i get always the Internet-Explorer message thet popups are dangerous.

is there a solution? - Of corse a solution in Xara - becaus i cant make all visitors turn off their popup-blockers..

Try the Url and see if you work with Internet explorer fow Windows XP sp2

Hello Heimo,

Looks like it is working fine to me. I tested it using IE SP2 and the mouseovers worked fine. No popup message on this side.

This is my home computer and I do not keep this one totally stock.

Same as John, worked well, with no Pop Up sound.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Heimo

It is possible that posting the page on the internet has cleared the problem, which I am sure is down to Internet Explorer not allowing pages that rely on plugins, in this case the flash plugin being allowed to run in the local machine zone, with out manual override, if loaded from the hard drive.

You can read more about it here

XP SP2 Changes

Search on this page for Mark Of The Web

This is created by default if you browse HTML pages from the internet.

You can force Internet Explorer to run in the Internet Zone if loading html pages from the hard drive, by manually tagging your own html code with something like this comment. I place it somewhere between the <HEAD> tags

<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->

This will allow the page to load without popups but may prevent other things from running as you expect as you are no longer in the local machine zone.

There are ways to override this behaviour, listed on the above link.

HTH

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

Sorry, my mistake, it is not Flash, I thought from the buttons it might be, just took a look at the source.

It maybe the Javascript, however the Mark Of the Web method should still work.

Peter
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

The SP2 only stops some content located on your home or personal computer I beleive not scripts located on the web.
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

No Mac thats not correct. It stops a great deal of web bsaed script. Flash action scripts, a lot of scripts used in shopping trolley sites etc. It's Uncle Bill pretending to be safety concious whilst really pushing .NET
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

andalucía · españa and lower saxony · germany

Suggestion: use Opera or Netscape or Firefox or whatever comes into your mind.

Sure, I can hear you scream: but millions of people use IE?! Yes, so put a line at the bottom to inform the visitors to send a complaint to Mr. Gates. Only if his in-box will be flooded by millions of mails with complaints he might consider to change his strategy.

Over the last three months I've encountered web sites with shopping carts where I wanted to order some products, which were coded exclusively for IE. I sent a mail to the management and informed them that I'll order the products somewhere else, because their shopping cart system doesn't work with Opera. 2 of them modified their web pages, because they didn't know about this bugging problem...
    --------------------//--
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.
    --------------------//--

Hi Jens,

No he will not change anything. Every complaint is a customer ready for the next version of windows, doubleing his fortune. The only thing that will motivate Mr. Gates is a loss in sales.