Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just started using flash and there's a simple thing I can't figure out. I made a button and I want to "goto and play frame.." when I rollover. However, i can't get the actions to work, except on "release"
    help...
    IP

I just started using flash and there's a simple thing I can't figure out. I made a button and I want to "goto and play frame.." when I rollover. However, i can't get the actions to work, except on "release"
    help...
    IP

If you're trying to make a button with an animated rollover effect, make a movie clip of the effect and put it in a new layer starting in the over frame of your button. (give it enough frames to play through and remember to put a stop action uless you want it to loop until they roll out.)

If you're trying to have the rollover take the user to a new frame and play, leaving the button behind, you might use a movie clip action instead of a button.

Hope I didn't confuse you more than help you.

Good Luck.

[swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFA988"]http://www.dainbramagedesign.com/footer1.swf[/swf]
    IP

I can't believe nobody has totaly answered your question yet. I hope you have figured it out by now, but just in case... It says something like

on (release) {
    gotoAndplay ("next");
    }

Just click on the line that says release and you will see other options like rollover. Bubble the rollover and you're all set.

Tip: Notice it has "next" written in there. That tells it to go to a frame label called "next". This comes in handy when you want to put something at the first frame and move everything over. Instead of going through every button and changing the frame number, you can just move the label over with it.
    IP