Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NeatImage v1.1

Because each part of the attached image (which contains before and after shots from Neat Image) is a collage of two other images, with a lens flare added via a plug-in in Photoshop, I had to make some adjustments to the initial profile I made in Neat Image. The adjustments worked intuitively and well. The loss of detail in this gentleman's (Paramahansa Yogananda's) face and hands is a result of the fact that the background image needed a lot more noise removed than the portrait. I therefore had to create a compromise profile in Neat Image. In future I would apply Neat Image separately to the original photos prior to creating the collage.

This is a fantastic application!

Glen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MasterMC.jpg 
Views:	408 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	4040  
    There are two kinds of people in the world: those who think there are two kinds of people in the world, and those who don’t.

Like most us know who use a camera on a regular basis; the most natural looking pictures are still the ones that are taken without a flash. You can imagine that since the birth of my son 3 months ago, that I'm taking a lot of photographs. With this tool I can make the most beautiful pictures even under poor light conditions and that is great, because I also dislike the idea of flashing him in the eyes all the time. I seldom use my flash now, only for those circumstances when I have to deal with a fast moving subject. I love photography and the best move I ever made was buying a digital camera and process the results with Photoshop and Neatimage. Don't forget that the program also contains a "smart sharpener" which does a really good job as long as you don't use extreme values. I didn't notice any re-appearance of noise when I used the smart sharpener. Now which tool can remove noise and make a picture sharper?! You know, I used a lot of tools, plug-ins, graphics software, only Neatimage was able to do that and I'm happy to see that you all show the same excitement.

Some extra info;

I found a freeware batch processor for Neatimage, but I didn't try it out yet:

Neat Batch

[This message was edited by Gaussian on May 07, 2002 at 19:46.]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

to see a NeatImage'd pic of that baby Gaussian! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Hi folks.

I'm trying out a Kodak DX4900 Zoom Digital Camera with a 4.0 Megapixel rating. Is this sufficent MP rating, or do I need a higher one?

Also, what would be the best digital camera to get??

Thanks.
    RJ

[This message was edited by RJ Swift on May 10, 2002 at 07:34.]