Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

CD11 I have a bitmap and a vector drawing shadowed. They are on top of a filled vector object that is filled with a circular 2 color pattern. When I produce a .pdf from this file, .jpg or.zip there is a big white square behind the object on layer 2 and on top of layer 3, 3 being the filled vector shape. Layer 2 is for the bitmapped and vector objects. I have other bitmapped/shadowed objects on another power clipped bitmaped and there are no white blocks behind the objects.
    Any suggestions as this is really going to mess up my 18X22 posters and they are going to be a large investment as I have to produce 12 of them.
    Brief layout: layer 1 is text
    layer 2 is shadowed vector and bitmapped objects
    layer 3 is background w/2 objects. One is vector filled the other bitmapped power clip object.
    IP

CD11 I have a bitmap and a vector drawing shadowed. They are on top of a filled vector object that is filled with a circular 2 color pattern. When I produce a .pdf from this file, .jpg or.zip there is a big white square behind the object on layer 2 and on top of layer 3, 3 being the filled vector shape. Layer 2 is for the bitmapped and vector objects. I have other bitmapped/shadowed objects on another power clipped bitmaped and there are no white blocks behind the objects.
    Any suggestions as this is really going to mess up my 18X22 posters and they are going to be a large investment as I have to produce 12 of them.
    Brief layout: layer 1 is text
    layer 2 is shadowed vector and bitmapped objects
    layer 3 is background w/2 objects. One is vector filled the other bitmapped power clip object.
    IP

hi,

hope this will help
    a. in CD, make a big square around the picture, fill the square with the color that not have aroung the outside the picture.
    b. convert it to bitmap.
    e. edit that bitmap, you will directy be sent the to Corel Photopaint.
    c. mask the the square just you made with magic wand.
    d. invert the mask
    e. copy and paste it to a new document
    d. save it as the CPT or another file that can only contain the OBJECT and use it as you want
    IP

I'm not sure what this does. How does the masked/inverted/saved object help the original corel draw file? Maybe I don't understand what you're telling me. Thank you for your help but now I need help with the help :-)

inphoenix
    IP

IP

It is something like that but the halo is solid white not transparent. I removed the fountain fill and the white "halo" disappeared. I really wanted that fountain fill but the job is going to press tomorrow, Monday, so I'll just leave the background solid.

Thanks so much for the help but I would like to resolve this problem.
    IP

Are you using any spot colors, because that sounds like an issue that spot colors can produce as there is no transparency with spot colors even though on screen you can see it?

You can save the file to .pdf and see if it prints correctly that way.

You can also merge your layers to a 300 dpi or higher bitmap and print from the bitmap, you will have a crisp image because the dpi is high enough. But save your vector file with another name because you will lose your vectors after merging to bitmap.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

I never thought of the bitmap idea. The .pdf is what printed out with the white spots. The vector image did not. I'll try the bitmap trick and see what happens. Thanks so much.
    IP