Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lake pic.

I am not really in the mood for drawing,but I figure someone has to break the ice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Come on guys dont let Insane laden dustbin win lets get back to business as usual [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,whadda ya reckon?...ya never know it might help.

Stu.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lake-pic.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	8053  
    IP

I am not really in the mood for drawing,but I figure someone has to break the ice [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Come on guys dont let Insane laden dustbin win lets get back to business as usual [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] ,whadda ya reckon?...ya never know it might help.

Stu.
    IP

all you need.. .. .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	love.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	9011  
    IP

Dat ta dah da dah...all you need is
    IP

Maybe sometimes we don't thank people we know for being themselves quite often enough.

There are lots of things we probably do wrong on a daily basis. But the good news is we probably do alot of things right too. Yes, the terrorists, like vampires and other evil, only have the power that we permit them to have. (although I'm having trouble reconciling this idea with the belief that power isn't given . . .it's taken. I guess the only way to reconcile the two ideas is that until we take our power back, we have abdicated to the terrorists. And the best way to take our power back from the terrorists who tried to hijack our power is to return to our lives. As our routines are part of what make us who we are. )
    But sometimes silence is golden. Sometimes grief requires silence. Tragedy should compel us to be introspective. A time of mourning is appropriate. But as the saying goes, to everything there is a season. Yes, let us resume.

Everyone, in their own time, will come to terms with the grief or be devoured by it. My style is often one of levity and cheerfulness. But I had no reason to speak in the past number of days. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I was thinking and absorbing.

Those who visit here, please continue to speak, if speaking helps the catharsis. Invariably it does.
    By writing our thoughts down, we are forced to bring order to what may be chaos inside. Giving thoughts a voice helps to you to better define what your thoughts are.

I'm not even sure that this post I am making is remotely meanigful to anyone other than me. But that is the point. And that is the beauty of forums like this. Each message is like a message in a bottle. You write it down, and hope it reaches the person who needed to read it.

There is a song from a musical that says,

when you walk through a storm keep your head held high, and don't be afraid of the dark. . . at the end of the storm is a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark . . . walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.
    I don't currently recall the songwriter who wrote that or what musical it came from. . . .it just seemed like a thought worth recalling.

Will those words or any words salve the wounds of the people injured in the attack? Not immediately. Words do have power. They have the power to mould thoughts and by moulding thoughts, they will mould actions.

If you never really gave thought to the power of words, then consider the small collection of words that make up the US Declaration of Independence or the US Constitution. Those words have helped us to build this nation.

Respect the power of words.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Take care,

Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    Athena
    Our thoughts are bounded by words. The quality of those thoughts is largely determined by the words that compose them.
    IP

from the musical production "Carousel"
    Music by Richard Rodgers and lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, 1945

When you walk through a storm,
    Hold your head up high,
    And don't be afraid of the dark.
    At the end of a storm,
    There's a golden sky,
    And the sweet silver song of a lark.
    Walk on through the wind,
    Walk on through the rain,
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown..
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone...
    Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
    And you'll never walk alone...
    You'll never walk alone.
    IP

Thought you guys might like this [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Stu.
    IP

When I posted the cartoon I have removed I was just starting a really nasty virus which has lasted two weeks,and if I wasnt sick I probably would not have posted it at all.

Stu.
    IP