Just curious, since Xara does many of the same things that DRAW does, does Xara produce this line? I don't use Xara that much, DRAW pastes right over the top, Xara duplicates are offset. However, did an experiment, best way to get something dead on in the same spot over the top is copy the layer. Since there is no simplify command but a Subtract command in Xara, I made two gradient filled spheres, turned off editablilty & visibiliy on the copy layer. Subtracted the shapes on layer one, turned on the copy layer and deleted the shape subtracted from, and guess what I got, a thin line just like the one you get in CorelDRAW.

A lot more complications to get the same effect you have gotten, Sark. And no solution for you, sorry.

Xara and Corel run lightyears around Illustrator. Does that do this, because Adobe may consider itself the number one in vector graphics, but competitively speaking, the reason print shops can charge less whose work is produced in CorelDRAW is because it takes so much less design time. The other shop must charge more to stay in business, and then they say their work is better. In an race at Daytona, the car that finishes first is considered the superior one. But there is no reasoning with Adobe, they have made Photoshop, so I will bow down for that, but hardly for the speed of Illustrator.

Maybe it is the American way, packaging, Cheerios tastes better costing you more than the store brand, (of course you eat the box--doesn't everybody???)

I know what the problem is, if Illustrator works better, we are just not in etiquette, holding up our little pinky when we draw. How totally bourgeouis of us.