Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I would like to rotate an image by placing it on a button at the buttton texture. I noticed that buttons are in files in a WMF format. I assime that XARA X has the ability to create an image and store it as a WMF, but I do not want to purchase the program just to create a single VECTOR object. What is an alternative way to create a vector object shuch that I can place a bitmat image on and rorate using the button function? Specifically I have an image if a shield with writing on it, I want the shield to rotate with depth.

I would like to rotate an image by placing it on a button at the buttton texture. I noticed that buttons are in files in a WMF format. I assime that XARA X has the ability to create an image and store it as a WMF, but I do not want to purchase the program just to create a single VECTOR object. What is an alternative way to create a vector object shuch that I can place a bitmat image on and rorate using the button function? Specifically I have an image if a shield with writing on it, I want the shield to rotate with depth.

There are several buttons included with X3D that you can use, check in the buttons folder. You can open these and change them.

If you want to do a round button you can also use a '.' on it's own it will automatically size to fit the window unless you say otherwise.

If you need a specific shape post the bitmap here and I or someone else will be happy to create the shape for you.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Thanks for the offer to make a wmf template for my rotation. Two points. first, I actually have already produced the wmf that I need, but it was a tedious process do to the lack of good tools. I used a program called eve.exe. It was the only free application that I was able to locate that wold produce a vector format file that Xara would accept. I am sure tat Xara X would produce the same file but I do not want to purchase a whole program just to produce a simple template file. As for using one of the existing buttons my need are slightly to specific to just round one of the existing buttons. Specifically, I am trying to rotate the shield at the top of the following URL www.tourmastersinc.com .... here is what I have already produced, this was a mock-up. The requestor liked it and wants a clearer version, but I lost the WMF that the bitmap was placed on. .... I guess if you can reproduce the WMF of the shield border that would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Several months ago now there was a thread in this forum where we were creating football shields. I attach one, which was for the hammers. If you do a search you might find the original thread.
    Egg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host