Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dream

Images are dreams viewed without the isolation of sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aSD.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	253.9 KB 
ID:	837  

Images are dreams viewed without the isolation of sleep.

... some amazing work, masque! All your images are beautiful! I think that I would get even more enjoyment out of them if I saw them in a different "environment"?!. At the forums you sometimes get to involved in the technical aspect of things instead of just enjoying the image.

Keep em' coming!

Risto

diri@videotron.ca

Thanks for the good words.
    I think it is only too easy to get involved in the how it was done rather than the why. One of the reasons, (all of the reasons!?), I have taken to Xara is because you don't have to think to much as to how (or can I), do this or that, you can jump right in without such considerations.

I have corelDraw (3 - 9) and used to use that but I never attempted 'pictures', as it was so frustrating. I still use it a lot but not for anything important, just work. Similar attempts with Photoshop, Illustrator, left me similarly frustrated.

The image has meaning and will grow as details are added. I never explain what a picture means as I think that can destroy it. As I said in the heading for the picture, 'Images are dreams viewed without the isolation of sleep, therefore the viwer can control the dream....invest a little effort and you can take it where you want.
    Therefore an image can be the starting point for a viewer personal dream...if sitting at a computer monitor is the best place to embark on such a dream is open to discussion.

By the way Risto, the 'woman at the party'. She hasn't been here but i think I saw here sitting down on the kerb outside a city centre pub about 10 days ago, pondering the 'how to get home with no money, unable to drive and not sure where she parked the thing anyhow'...she needs to be tagged to keep track of her.

masque

[This message was edited by masque on September 08, 2001 at 01:36.]

I find you positive words about Xara very motivating. It seems that Xara is an artist's and designer's dream. And Illoosetrator and Draw are his nightmares.

[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

My balcony overlooking Tower Bridge, London - no, I\'m poor!

Another masterpiece. I like it, the colouring is appealing to the overall theme. I like the leaves, and, oh everything else!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I very much enjoy this image. IMHO it approaches near perfection! My one tiny negitive criticsm is that I'm bothered by the crispness of the shadow of the tree on the right - just seem wrong to me.

Thanks Masque. It makes me want to write a childrens book and have you illustrate it.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Shadow of the tree on the right softened for Ross. It was softer in the original xar. format, honest.

IMHO??

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ahhhhhhh! That's much better. Shadows in dreamworlds are never sharp!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>