Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Hi Earl,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I haven't used trueSpace for a long time though (and never have seen version 1), so I am unable to say whether or not it will import 2d vectors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it's got a most attractive Win3.1 look to it and, of course, doesn't want to know about anything other than 8.3 filenames! Takes me back a few years, I must say! It doesn't look like it will import any 2D formats which is why I was looking for a conversion tool. Otherwise I'll have to use its own internal path editor which seems a shame since life is so much easier in XaraX.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Though, I'm not sure how much you're expecting to survive the transfer. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing other than the vector path. For example, I have the Xara logo saved as a WMF. I'd like to import it into trueSpace but can't figure out a way to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Your image reminds me of a cereal box with marshmellow shape £, €, and @'s! What's that you used as a texture? It almost looks like a website... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'm doing a website for a client who need a boxshot of their product when the product doesn't ship in a box! I've already done the image in Photoshop, but thought it's be an interesting exercise to do it in a 3D app. I especially like the way you get true-to-life texture-mapped shadows, but there is virtually no control over the type of shadow, feathering, fade, etc, but I'm sure that's a limitation of the version I am using and not the medium. The picture on the box is indeed a screenshot of a website... The marshmallow shapes are actually supposed ot be marble... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, I attach the Xara logo in AI and if you could output it to DXF that'd be great. However, in the long run that is obviously going to be inconvenient. Is there a converter out there that'll do this or am I simply holding myself back using version 1 of a product that is now, I think, up to version 6?!

(However, version 1 did an OK job of my cereal box!) [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

--
    Big Frank
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.