Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

One of the things I like most about working with an object-oriented program like Xara is how easy it is to reuse earlier efforts. Over time a person in effect creates a kit of parts that can be used in new images. For the attached image I reused a xara marquetry project combined with a bitmap dog I had trimmed out for the recent thread on paranoia.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marquetry3.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	17484  

One of the things I like most about working with an object-oriented program like Xara is how easy it is to reuse earlier efforts. Over time a person in effect creates a kit of parts that can be used in new images. For the attached image I reused a xara marquetry project combined with a bitmap dog I had trimmed out for the recent thread on paranoia.

Regards, Ross

Ross,
    That dogs definetly getting to you.... time to visit the phsycho?.
    But I agree, it's always great to pull out a drawing you may have done 5 years ago and incorporate it into something new.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Here is a quickie I made recycling a bitmap of Bruce Lee, I cut out in Xara X and the dragon I made in Corel Xara. From my Tara the Xara warrior thread. Tara
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	return.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	4304  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Egg - No, the dog isn't getting to me. He's not looking at me and even if he was I wouldn't be worried about what he is thinking. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I kinda liked the marquetry as an variation on a frame. I think it made a rather nice portrait of the dog.

Bruce - It is fun trimming bitmaps eh? Being a novice in bitmap editing programs, I use xara whenever I want to make a composite image. I'm usually satisfied with the results.

Regards, Ross