Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Just downloaded the Beta and tried to run Install.exe

After a brief flurry of disk activity, nothing happens. Zippo; Nill; bugger all. I can click it till the cows come home, but it won't install.

Running Windows 200 Pro SP1. Anyone else experienced (or in this case not experienced!) it?

Hi:
    Try shutting down any programs you have running in your tray and then install. Sometimes this works for me when I have problems such as yours.

Nina

Most install programs write themselves to the c:\windows installation dir\temp or create a subdir under this dir. I would delete all files in your c:\windows installation dir\temp dir and any non-essential subdirs under temp and try the install again. I'm running win2k sp1 and the install went fine.

Dave Zubrowski
    Dave Zubrowski

Under Win2k Pro I'd do a file search for Temp as there are several different temp folders (the one that springs to mind is "Cocuments and Settings**USERNAME**Local SettingsTemp" with **USERNAME** being the user name of the logged on user (or other users on the system). There may be other temp folders (I can't seem to tell how Win2k decides this stuff, but some installations I've had 2,3,4 or even 5 dotted across the place). So just to make sure you cover all bases I'd reccomend a search for Temp first.

Just thought this might help. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Michael Ward

Well I gave up on trying to get the Install to work, however double clicking the xara.exe file started the proggy without a hitch, so it would appear no install is actually *required* to run the program.

Okay, now I've played with it for 5 minutes its over to the BUG thread ;-) ...