Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Spell Checker Not Wurcking

Quote Originally Posted by MB365 View Post
    @Chris

Is No Language (ignore) selectable?
    It is now you fixed it for me.

Hopped onto chat. Whinged and moaned, and Matt told me to do what I'd done before. Contemplated saying 'yeah, done that', but hitting Revert To Default Settings requires signing back in and Matt might know. So I reset.

The gods of technology pointed at me and cackled 'make that bloke look a jerk' so they made the Spell Check reappear when doing the same thing yesterday didn't. ORRRR, and this is more likely; Matt is actually Harry Potter.

well, as my grandmother used to say to me [often], 'you'll know better next time, won't you'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

It didn't fix the default template thing, but I'm not that fussed about that.

Credit where credit's due...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Feedback.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	134941

@Chris M - glad you got it sorted.
    Could you document the steps advised?

@Matt - say Xara has 1M desktop users. if one in 10,000 have this issue, 100 users, how many have just put up with it?
    It could be as many as 99.

Using Intercom, Xara deals with such as Issues and are resolved one-to-one.
    In TG, these 100, mostly unreported cases, would be solved as a Problem for those who are TG viewers. Any number of users suffering would have a solution without having to raise an Issue or even without realising they had their Issue.
    You have the TG metrics so you could estimate how many TG was actually reaching (and therefore solving). 20,000 TG viewers implies only 2 extra might have been saved. The number, however, would increase over time.

For Xara, the better remedy would be for you to document the Problem in your Knowledge Base and refer those with Issues to that.
    As a courtesy, an early link in this Thread and subsequent would have saved a lot of effort by all.

Thanks, however, to all who rallied, Xara (Matt) included.

Acorn, having built such KBs and changed a 70% first response to solution success (industry expectation) to over 95% within weeks of deployment.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

More than happy to do so.

As stated earlier, I had hit the Revert To Default yesterday to no avail. I am 100% sure because you need to activate again, and I was logged out so had to reenter my user/pass. However, I also did an uninstall/install after my first reset.

On chat, Matt pretty quickly sent me off to do revert to default again, and this time it worked. The steps are easy, but make sure you save and close any open project tabs. You will need to re-do any custom settings after the reset.

Utilities > Options > Tune-Ups (tab) > Default Settings (button)

Name:	!TuneUP.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	134942

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    More than happy to do so.

As stated earlier, I had hit the Revert To Default yesterday to no avail. I am 100% sure because you need to activate again, and I was logged out so had to reenter my user/pass. However, I also did an uninstall/install after my first reset.

On chat, Matt pretty quickly sent me off to do revert to default again, and this time it worked. The steps are easy, but make sure you save and close any open project tabs. You will need to re-do any custom settings after the reset.

Utilities > Options > Tune-Ups (tab) > Default Settings (button)

Name:	!TuneUP.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	134942
    Chris, thanks.

I've never had the joy of pressing that button!

My questions have always been what is are "Tune-ups" and how might I make or meet one and change it?
    The default settings [sic] button will revert all your settings and the UI back to the default value.
    I'm still wondering...

Acorn

P.S. nuggeted for future reference.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat