Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Spell Checker Not Wurcking

you can't resave a template or a new one as default - does it give an error message ?

might be an access issue eg: something denying the xara program access/write permission to the drive, and the first place to look for that would be your security software if you use third party, could also be windows
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

No, no error, just ignores the tick in the Use As Default Template. I can save templates, just not as default.

Xara has access as new templates are saved. I have also manually edited the .xml file, and that too saved without issue.

I'll install on a different machine and copy files across if it works as it should. I did do a full uninstall, including deleting Xara from AppData, but you know how Windows likes to store bit and bobs. Exporting the registry entries from a fresh install may coax the elusive Spell Check out of its burrow.

I do have very strong apathy genes, though. We'll see how it goes.

Have you tried Xara Support, Chris? Sorry if you have already answered this.

I can save templates, just not as default
    which could be a sign the registry cannot be updated, if so that could be lack of registration, or could be AV software blocking, and could be the reason for your spellcheck issues maybe
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Have you tried Xara Support, Chris? Sorry if you have already answered this.
    I did venture in last night, but after 7 pages following the word 'support' I gave up and went to bed.

I'll install on a fresh PC and see if I can work something out.

Apologies to Xara. After stating I was fruitlessly clicking around xara.com looking for the elusive chat button, my brain finally decided to question whether one of the four items uBlock Origin was flagging was the chat button. It was.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Apologies to Xara. After stating I was fruitlessly clicking around xara.com looking for the elusive chat button, my brain finally decided to question whether one of the four items uBlock Origin was flagging was the chat button. It was.
    That said, uBlock Origin is worth its weight in gold.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I am convinced companies do everything possible to make it as hard as possible to connect with a human being.

You can send a support request https://www.xara.com/contact-us/ (I think you would need to change the -us to -au or however Australia is abbreviated)

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I am convinced companies do everything possible to make it as hard as possible to connect with a human being.
    Even going as far as locating themselves on the other side of the world to avoid answering my queries.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    @MB365, The help file says to choose from the Document Language sub menu...I don't seem to have that option (see pic).

@handrawn, I do, indeed, have both en_GB.aff and en_GB.dic in the dic folder.

Attachment 134936
    @Chris

Is No Language (ignore) selectable?