Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default FileZilla convert and page naming question

Getting to know FileZilla due to the Xara uploader not liking my SP changes. Flz is giving me cleaner uploads for larger sites.
    - my bookmarks in flz is not holding my passwords. That must be a setting inside the program. I’ll jump to help.

On another matter I had a page titled “events sub menu” and another page just titled “events”. As hard as I tried, I couldn’t get the events page to change to my recent changes. I then changed the Events page, to “happening” and it worked out. I gathered that the page names were too similar.

Www.melfortmuseum.org. Click events, to open a sub menu. Click Events Now. That takes you to a page “happening”.
    I have to mess with the main “events” button, because it won’t go back to the sub-menu. Pardon the JPEGs of ungamely posters but that’s all I could do time permitting.

I do gather “events sub menu” was named to close to “events” … or perhaps not.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: FileZilla convert and page naming question

Bill, never had filenaming issues like this in Filezilla myself.

After I click Events Now, the top menu Events is still dead so I cannot return to the events_sub_page as I can with the other links.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks @acorn. I did discover that link setting. Since now im working with FileZilla for uploading, and the fact this is a heavy site I upload when I have a lot of changes.

My free version of flz doesn’t seem to remember passwords for different sites. I file in all the necessary info, then bookmark, but my version doesn’t remember the password. I’ve checked the help section as well. More digging.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Thanks @acorn. I did discover that link setting. Since now im working with FileZilla for uploading, and the fact this is a heavy site I upload when I have a lot of changes.
    My free version of flz doesn’t seem to remember passwords for different sites. I file in all the necessary info, then bookmark, but my version doesn’t remember the password. I’ve checked the help section as well. More digging.
    Bill, all versions of FileZilla are free.

I assume you have found the Site Manager.
    I set my passowrds and ftp credentials therein.
    After that, all remains in place.

You can even right-click on one of your accounts and Export or all with File > Export.
    File > Import these and you should be cooking.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Got it - very handy. Big Thanks @acorn
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design