Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
Thanks for the offer but I'm OK. Sounds like a symptom of insiting on running on old software.
Knowingly running old software which is not kept up to date would be difficult to defend if there was a data breach. Someone at some Xara company must be the Data Controller and is taking chances that I certainly wouldn't with that one.

It can't just be me getting Alfonso's emails surely. We'll find out on Monday apparently. They're going to grandfather me because apparently implying that I'm old is "our way of saying thank you" for having used the software for so long. Maybe I have, and I bought my first version in about 1997 and most of them since... but I was only 17 then. I guess it's apt for the software that my wife insists sounds like my mistress makes me a grandfather at the age of only 44.

Of course - I wouldn't be without Bitwarden - between multiple PCs, Macs, and smartphones of both flavours, I'd be lost without it. Like most people, I just stick a 1 or a ! at the end every time it has to be changed, and save the new one.
@Daniel, fine don't bother yourself but further speculation gets none of us anywhere; it is nothing to do with data breaches or the integrity of the vBulletin version being used.

Alfonso's 'grandfather' email was pointing out that your product (here, you advise you have 'Xara Pro 6') may be behind the curve and you could use Cloud with the newer Plus products to better effect. You can still draw your pension with XDP6 for as long as you care and you are not being retired or dumped by your 'mistress'.
Xara is keen to retain past customers and so there are two changes afoot that do not alter the names of any packages: the migration, with remaining fee, from Magix legacy to a Plus subscription, which is not for all (especially if you are still on XDP6); and, the additional accesses to Cloud, again, not for all.

Acorn