for the record: 32in monitor Dell U3223QE, resolution 3840 x 2160, windows scaling 200%

there are some things xara just won't do - for example brushwork with a wacom tablet that equates to inking with a sable brush

now you can create this effect in xara, but that is going to be a complete waste of time: minutes spent instead of seconds, sometimes a whole load of minutes to get it looking right; and if you have a lot of line art to do it mounts up quickly - ideally the artbrush in xara would do this but the freehand tool over compensates way too much when smoothing is active, even on low settings, and feels like a snooker cue held at the wrong end when smoothing set at 0 - so again you end up putting right what should have worked first time

I gave up doing line art in xara years ago, and use a manga drawing program for this: Clip Studio is a fully featured example, but I prefer PaintTool SAI - version 2, it draws line art, it adds comprehensive colouration, it does nothing else - not even a print function, you have to export and print externally; I am all for simplicity...