Your original question of "But Is It Art"----------Is music 'art'? Music is made of existing notes. AI art is made of pieces of existing art. You could argue the similarities. The Mona Lisa is a portrait of a woman. There were portraits of women before and after Leonardo set up his easel. AI is a tool, just as a brush, pencil or palette knife is a tool. A charcoal artist probably screamed cheat when the pencil was invented. Cavemen probably grunted cheat when charcoal was discovered. Acrylic paint, oil paint, crayons, digital pixel things and inkjet printing. Isn't AI modern day charcoal? I know I can't get AI to produce what I envisage, just like I can't create the Mona Lisa with oil paint.

My son produces music (electronic dance music) with no instruments used. He can play the keyboards, but doesn't because there are more suitable tools. Watching him create a bass line is like watching Penn and Teller produce a playing card out of thin air. Can AI produce a bass line? Yes. Will it be the full, round perfectly pitched, precisely reverbed set of notes he needs? No.

No amount of prompting will have Stable Diffusion, Dall-E, or whatever, producing the image you have in your head. It will produce the frog, the skateboard and the waterfall, but not as your mind conjours the image. You could argue the 'art' is in creating the prompt.

Is AI art, art? In my (easily changed) opinion, it is as much art as quite a few modern artists who, for instance, stick a banana on a wall and describe the extinction of some Mesozoic ape. It isn't the banana, it's the thought behind the banana.