I've had affinity programs since they first came out on windows; yes the Ui takes some getting used to but they all do, xara did when I first started using it 20 years ago it was nothing like photoshop, but then it wouldn't be would it

affinity designer has now added vector mesh warp and a flood fill tool, things that xara was asked for 10 years ago but [apparently] are not interested in; affinity are geared for the kind of vector work I usually do

on the subject of PDF, again 10 years or more ago, PDF became a preferred transfer format for vector objects; xara seems to have forgotten this and is now only dealing with PDF's as paginated documents, the ability to drag/drop mutliple PDFs all onto the same page ended at version 15.1 or thereabouts

why does xara not have a workspace view ['canvas'] rotate? - this is surely a no brainer to anyone who actually draws.... in xara this is really more trouble than it is worth:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...-xara-designer

you need to think about preserving layers and stack position and... well... hello affinity