Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
I've had a problem with accessing the Content Catalog for a couple of years with both Xara Web Designer and Xara Designer Pro (not the "plus" versions).
Despite contacting Magix a few times they have never come back with a solution.
I contacted Magix again last week and they replied that Xara has taken back support.
Now I have an active update plan for Web Designer that provides me with nothing. I can't remember the last time an update was released so it's been wasted money.
I'm not too sure about the plus versions as I avoid subscription-based software. You don't have to subscribe to many before it becomes a lot of money each month.
I have other web design software and I'm seriously thinking about switching to them for all websites. One of the main reasons I like Web Designer is because of the freedom of design - the others don't necessarily offer that.

Whinge over. = Steve
Steve, no one should be left to drift. Contact Xara who will get it sorted for you. The more information you provide, the easier for all.

1. XDA users sometimes install through a blocking firewall. The trick is always to run the XDA the once as Admin.
2. The next check is whether you can see the Online Content Catalogue - try https://downloadsv18.xara.com/web/catalog/index.html - this is a look-see, not a solution.
3. The final one is the right-click pick of 'Download All' on the blue folders in the Local Designs gallery. This saves all your paid-for content, templates and widgets to a local cache.
4. The second final one is none of the Magix Update Now nags will actually work. You will still get them so now is the time to stop them nagging as covers in earlier threads.

I jumped ship from Magix to subscription Xara quite a time back and have never regretted it.
If I had not and was sitting with a live v19 with no application updates, I would be shouting for a refund from Magix. It sold you the product and whether it or Xara ultimately coughs up is immaterial.

Get your XDA OCC fixed and stick with that. The better option, that does cost, is to go subscription.

Acorn