Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is it possible to change the dark theme of Xara web designer pro?

For my old eyes the dark theme is so bad! Something lighter would suit better. anyway to change it.
    u know what i mean? The background of the actual program and its windows/popups etc. Its way too dark for me everytime I use it.

thanks
    Last edited by gwpriester; 06 April 2015 at 12:52 PM. Reason: edited typo in subject line

Default Re: I sit possible to change the dark theme of Xara web designer pro?

Hi minsik, try Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Be aware that any changes you may have made to your workspace will be lost if you do this, and you will have to do them again. But if the change helps your eyes, then it's obviously worth it.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

first thing i do with every new version.......... i hope it stays an option in future releases.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

There are a few settings for the colors used in at least XDP in an XML file. I have requested it before, but I wish the entire interface colors were in that file. While I prefer a darker interface, I would knock it back a bit.

San Francisco's East Bay area, California

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi minsik, try Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.
    Dang, do you know just how many hours I've spent looking for an option like this for the Trial version of Xara Page & layout??? I found an .XML file that I made a copy of, then played with the colors and it worked for some parts. I also found some bitmap images I think are a part of the rest of the interface (was thinking to lighten copies of them), but dang, what a hassle.

I couldn't locate the how-to in the documentation and it was driving me nuts. I also have aging eyeballs and found the menus with a gray-on-dark-gray scheme to be unusable, what with not enough contrast to actually read anything. Gads, I came this [] close to tossing it off of my computer. So happy I'm still really stubborn, because I really need an affordable layout program that works.

Thank you!

Nancy C.
    P.S. Yes, I know this was a really old post, but I still felt the need to say thanks--I figure someone coming behind me would feel better knowing that was a legit keyboard command. Mid/light grays for everyone!