Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I have been trying to figure out how to set the (primary) angle for Filters -- Brush Strokes -- Angled Strokes. When I set it to 100%, I would like to define the angle of the strokes.

have I kept missing the information on this? Is it possible? I am using PS 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    David
    IP

I have been trying to figure out how to set the (primary) angle for Filters -- Brush Strokes -- Angled Strokes. When I set it to 100%, I would like to define the angle of the strokes.

have I kept missing the information on this? Is it possible? I am using PS 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    David
    IP

Hi David...

Can you explain more specifically what you're trying to do? It would allow for a more specific answer.

Normally, in filters that apply a 'streak' or 'grain' effect of some kind, can be controlled directionally by using either a low, medium, or high slider setting (usually the topmost slider in the filter).

To experiment, crank up the other settings to maximum, then move the topmost slider in the filter window left and right, and you'll notice a change in the direction of the streaks the filter creates.

Hope that helps.
    IP

What I have been doing is playing with the "Angled Strokes" Brush strokes. What I want to do is control the direction of the strokes. Currently, the only option available (AFAIK) is the percent of single direction -- that is the slider available on the option.

When using the brush stroke option at 100% on a person's face, it might give me strokes that run from 1 to 7 (I'll use a clock for reference). Yet due to the position of the person's face, it might be better to have the strokes run from 10 to 4.

The slider, when set at 50%, has 1/2 the strokes from one direction (1-7) and the other 1/2 from another (10-4). But I don't always want more than one direction in the strokes.

How do I tell PS to change the direction from 1-7 to 10-4?

I hope this helps explain what I am trying to do a little better. Any help you can provide will be most greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    David
    IP