Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: About Scrolling Picture with Touch

@Egg

This was the original question from the OP:

I'm a Xara Web Designer Premium user. You know, mobile users are using fingers for horizontal flowing images. So I want to add a widget (with 5-6 pictures) for it. But I didn't find any widget sample from Online Content Catalogue. A lot of widgets including horizontal flowing the images with touch the "arrows" or touch the "numbers". But I don't want to touch any arrow or number. I want to only dragging the picture. Thanks.
    I found your solution and Acorn's answered the question, but in practice, I doubt any of us would implement such a solution because a visitor would have no way of knowing it was anything different from a static image, unless there is something to tell them otherwise, OR, the slider auto scrolls (aka the old supersites).

"Swipe" was introduced in Pro X v18.0, although I don't believe the benefits were ever property explained; it works with website transitions, scroll, slide-in, crossfade being examples and is specifically for touch devices. It's there as a feature, akin to deleting an email/text message on a mobile by swiping right to left or the other way around.

I took Acorn's slider demo (without embedding it in the main site) changed scroll to slide-in and simply added a progress bar >>https://initiostar.co.uk/demo/simple...ge_slider_test

Swipe the image left to right, or right to left (only on a touch device) and it takes you to the next or previous slide; clearly the progress bar shows 5 slides in the case. On a standard desktop, just click on the progress bar (in could say 1,2,3,4,5 to make it entirely obvious).
    Last edited by Initiostar; 08 August 2022 at 09:48 PM.
    Gary
    www.initiostar.co.uk

Xara Designer Pro+ and Xara Designer Pro X 19.0.1.65946 DL x64 Feb 7 2023