Thank you for the update Acorn.

Xara is breaking off from Magix products and support for:
(Magix) Designer Pro X (XDPX) ==> Xara Designer Pro+
(Magix) Web Designer Premium ==> Xara Web Designer+
(Magix) Photo & Graphic Designer ==> Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+

All will now be accessed on a Subscription. Monthly cost but paid Annually. Currencies - USD/EUR/GBP with the same numeric value:
16.99/m - Xara Cloud+ - bundles in Xara Designer Pro+ with Xara Cloud Pro
14.99/m - Xara Designer Pro+
12.99/m - Xara Cloud Pro - Purely on-line. Expensive route for non-Windows users.
9.99/m - Xara Web Designer+
6.99/m - Xara Photo & Graphic Designer+
0.00/m - Xara Cloud - free sign up. Why? You can manipulate PDF content.

Xara is offering an early starter discount of 40% with EARLYBIRD07
​This might be perpetual.
I would first try the 50% LIFETIME discount; this is perpetual.
When the Pro+ Cloud combo was first announced there were quite a few TG threads that suggested a stand-alone Pro+ would be welcome; good to see this option materialise along with XWDP & XPGD.

I have not yet seen anything to suggest though that Magix will cease to market Pro X or Web Designer Premium; those on these releases should know by now that the product lags behind Xara releases by 6 months or more. That said, Pro X has had two releases this year so far (March & May).

The recent upgrade offer from Magix for Pro X was GBP 72.99 and included 'Xara X Presets' (from the third party Xara templates); the latter's full price is USD 59 - interesting!

A simple comparison from the above for Pro+ is an upfront fee of GBP 14.99 x 12 = GBP 179.88 less EARLYBIRD07 = GBP 107.93. You could of course request a LIFETIME discount and shave a bit more of the licence fee.

Time of course will tell what happens to Magix and Xara (but they still have a common investor in Bellevue).

From a support perspective, I'm sure Xara is streets ahead of Magix, but the best support resource is TG anyway