Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have six buttons all lined up and when I get it all done it works terrific. It asks me if I want to preview the rollover and I do and it looks fine. But when I export the HTML file to a folder I end up with six different files, the same number of buttons in the rollover, along with 24 gif images.

Which HTML file do I need? All of them? How do I get the code to find those 24 images in my Trellix-built website so the rollover will work? I can create special effects on a website using Trellix and I can paste the HTML and javascript into a special file so it will appear on my website but I can't figure out how to get the javascript to find the images it needs.

I realize this is a Xara forum and not a Trellix forum so this may all be academic but believe me, I certainly appreciate any help or suggestions you might give.

Thanks a million for your time! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

AaronzDad

I don't know anything about Trellis. The reason your getting six different HTML files is that your using the "selected" option for your buttons. This then requires a different html file for each of the six selected button states.

I suggest you don't use the selected state for the buttons at present, just out over and down. when you export this to a file you get only one HTML file. In your web page editor (TRELLIS ?) you should then be able to load this file and if your using frames get your nav bar frame with the buttons you produced in XaraX to load the HTML file you want into the target or content frame.

Hope this helps

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

AaronzDad

I have done a quick tutorial at
    frameset tutorial
    It's not pretty and there is an error on the "home" button which I dont know what's causing it. Hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but it may be a help.
    Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

But I'm not using frames, and I don't think that would help me with the rollovers anyway. You see, when you mouse over one of those buttons what the page is doing is changing the image from what is normally seen on the screen(mouseoff) to whatever image you select to be shown(mouseon). Well for the image to change to the new(mouseon) image it has to HAVE that new image stored somewhere. With Trellix what I have to do is create a whole different page that is simply a container page to hold all those different images; then have the javascript written so it knows where to go to get the right image. Here... I'll show you the example Trellix gives on how to do it.

First I have to create a container page and get the reference number, then insert this HTML code into a special file they have available in their editor and make sure I have all the reference numbers right. Here is their example of the code:

</SCRIPT>

<A HREF="webgem.htm" on_mouseover="changeImages('roll1', 'Resource-274/roll2.gif'); return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="changeImages('roll1', 'Resource-274/roll1.gif'); return true;" Target="_Parent">
    [img]Resource-274/roll1.gif[/img]</A>

Of course that isn't ALL the code, just the last part, but you can see how they're directing the javascript on where to go to get the next image... that "Resource-274" part.

Just letting me know how to get just one HTML file from it is a HUGE help though! I greatly appreciate everyone's time and attention with this! I can only hope to be able to return the favor someday! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Here... lets try that again... this time I'll change the code so it doesn't try to read it as actual HTML...

SCRIPT>

A HREF="webgem.htm" ONMOUSEOVER="changeImages('roll1', 'Resource-274/roll2.gif'); return true;" ONMOUSEOUT="changeImages('roll1', 'Resource-274/roll1.gif'); return true;" Target="_Parent">
    IMG NAME="roll1" SRC="Resource-274/roll1.gif" WIDTH=130 HEIGHT=35 BORDER=0></A

There... let's see if that works....

This appears to be referencing a sub routine, if you are pasting code into the document from Xara I believe it would corrupt the sub routine. Are you ?

Just use the Images from xara and see if the webgem.htm can do the task.

I'm studying their example of what to use to reference that container page and I'm going to try inserting that into the code generated by XaraX and see what happens.

I'll let you know how it goes... this could be interesting...

If you want to have the button such that when the mouse rolls-over it changes an image elsewhere on the page this is beyond my scripting capabilities.

However if you want to have the image within the button you can do it so :

web page examples

Egg
    Egg

Well I used their example of what javascript to use to make a rollover and I just pasted in some of the code built by XaraX. It took some rewriting and some work but it works!

I'm still not sure I need XaraX to do this stuff... I think with the button feature on Xara3Dv.4 I have enough to build cool enough nav bars.

Thanks for everyone's help and input though! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]