Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to check for fonts?

Having used a symbol font somewhere in a site, I now get the warning that the font will be uploaded and I should check that the font can be used without copywrite issue.

Is there a way of finding particular fonts easily? I'm looking for a symbol font, that I cannot find anywhere in Xara, but keep getting a warning every time I publish my site.

Default Re: How to check for fonts?

Not sure but try document info.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

In Designer Pro you can look page by page in the Name Gallery. Unfortunately this gallery does not exist in Web Designer. You said you used a symbol font. Do you remember what the symbol was? If it was say a © symbol, you could paste a copyright symbol in the Find and Replace dialog to find any instances of that symbol and subsequently the symbol font.

As Larry suggests you might also look in File > Document Info > Fonts and find the name of the symbol font which you can then check to see if you can embed it in your website.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Find.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	131788  

stuk34, here's how.

File > Document info tells you what Fonts but not where. Note the symbol font's name.

Preview/Locally export or Publish and in the browser where you see (website)/index.htm replace the address with (website)/index_htm_files/xr_text.css.
    You should see a list of Text Styles, one or more of these will reference your symbol font. Note these ClassNames, the bit before the first {.

View each page in turn in the browser and precede the address with view-source: (e.g, view-sourcewebsite)/index.htm).
    It might be easier to right-click > Developer Tools > View Source or what ever your browser offers.
    I personally use browser > F12 > Elements and the click in this new window and press Ctrl+F and enter one of the ClassNames.
    When you hover one a line with one of these ClassNames , the original page will also highlight where the font is being used.

In your design, locate and alter this.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks all,

Have tried the find method unsucessfully

Now working through Acorns suggestion.....Have found the code in stage 1, but find on any page so far