Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Update XDP 19

Hybrid View

Default Re: Update XDP 19

Quote Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
    Need a little help. I downloaded and ran the update 3 times in german before checking here - dumb. Most of designs gallery was gone, version in help still showed 18.5.0.63630. Downloaded trial version of 19, installed and registered. Installed and registered ok, but design gallery element empty, forcing download resulted in errors. After seeing update was fixed, went back to 18, downloaded and installed, at end it wanted me to remove designer pro, I did, it only removed the version 19. Still flagged to run the update, did it again, let me select US, all local design gallery items are there, but still shows version 18.5.0.63630, and keeps popping up the reminder to update. Thanks in advance!

Nancy
    Nancy,

The German installer (at least in my scenario) loaded a new copy of the Magix Notifier into a new Magix folder. Whether this is the same for everyone who got caught-out with the faulty update I cannot tell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Magix Notifier.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	131757

The outcome from this (incorrect) upgrade was a Design Gallery that would partially update, but with errors in retrieving specific gallery files.

The process I followed that did work was to uninstall BOTH the new Magix Notifier and v19; download the v19 trial version and register it with the product key. I had then to ‘download all’ to update the Designs Gallery – which does take some time.

I retained v18.5 and when it opens, I am still prompted to ‘upgrade’; v18 & v19 are separate installations and this is just a poorly designed promo popup. The Magic Notifier is an .exe file in Xara's program UPS folder(s) - you can (temporarily) disable it as has been discussed on TG if it annoys you.

I have now updated a few sites to v19 without any problems.

Gary

Default Re: Update XDP 19

Thanks Gary!