Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Set new home page (aka index.html)

Hi
    I've developed a multilingual website with corresponding English and French pages. I started in English with an English index.html page (called Home). I've finished the French translation and want the French home page (called "accueil") to show up first in browsers.
    I just went ahead and renamed index to index_en in the page layers panel and then renamed accueil to index.
    However I must be missing something because my website preview still brings up the English home page first and the export website still command has created an "index_en" subfolder with all resources in it.
    Are there any other settings for resetting the home webpage or is there another way to day this?
    Thanks

Default Re: Set new home page (aka index.html)

eselick, you must also move the index page to be the first in the Page & Layer gallery.
    Its name, if you want your site to present *.html, must also be index.html. Just the first page, the others will adopt the suffix.

Do this and all the resources will then be in the folder index_html_files; as described your current resource folder must be named index_en_htm_files.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    eselick, you must also move the index page to be the first in the Page & Layer gallery.
    Its name, if you want your site to present *.html, must also be index.html. Just the first page, the others will adopt the suffix.

Do this and all the resources will then be in the folder index_html_files; as described your current resource folder must be named index_en_htm_files.

Acorn
    That worked perfectly.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to add this comment but this forum has to be one of the very best of all the technical support forums on the web.

I do development work in many different aread including mobile apps and legacy manufacturing applications. Often in the publicity for specific environments "active forum support" is promised. Often it's frustrtating to post a question and see it left unanswered.

So hats off to all the Xara devotees who make this forum so active and great :-))

eselick, thank you.

For me, it is because I have made the same mistakes and luckily can remember what I did to fix them.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat