Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'd better do something about it!

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Actually (not that $19 would break the bank) I downloaded the freeware version and it does the stats.

Will run it on my pages tonight. Do you have any knowledge on my other question? Do engines look at alt text and file name names?

Turan

I believe that sites with a lot of images without alt tags get downgraded.

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Turan,

I know they look at alt text. You should not leave it blank. File names...I don't know, but would doubt it.

Mickie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jen Worden:
    You might want to try MetaMedic [http://www.northernwebs.com/set/setsimjr.html] (scroll waaaay down to the bottom).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Unfortunately it clearly has some limitations:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Bad close of tag: Contents Closing quote missing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Nothing wrong with the close of my tag! But MetaMedic is apparently unable to make sense of a tag closed for XHTML, ie the extra slash in something like:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">...round mull race, west highland week, west highland yachting week, mountain, climb, climbing, scotland, scottish" /></pre>
    Had similar problems with Website Garage when I converted my site to XHTML and my HTML apparently dropped overnight from being 'excellent' to merely 'satisfactory' (or 'average' or whatever they called it), despite being both pretty elegant and 100% valid!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>