Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
superheroic, that right. A pop-up layer can hold lots of additional content: Captions, Links, Buttons, more clicks to other pop-ups, ... It becomes a heady and feature rich tool that needs to be kept reined in.
A Pop-up picture can be for a single image but only that that is linked. It is highly constrained; if you add a border and a shadow and group all these, that is what pops up. The picture pop-up uses HighSlide JS to add in a simple carousel, lightbox features and the like.

Acorn
OK...so If I'm creating a custom gallery of images on my page and I need the image displayed from the pop-up to be different than what is displayed on the page...I should use a pop-up layer...not the Pop-Up feature in Web Properties?

My understanding from the manual is that pop-ups created from a pop-up layer become active as soon as you mouse over the image. Is that correct? A user wouldn't be able to click on the image to bring up the pop-up? The pop-up would happen immediately if someone rolls over the image on the page with their mouse?

Also, if I use a pop-up layer...could the pop-up image be an animated gif...as opposed to a still image?