Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I tried a more simplistic approach.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

The Xara Xone

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gary_cover.gif 
Views:	432 
Size:	5.1 KB 
ID:	4110  

Dale,
    Your getting some really great ideas, I wasn't going to post because I got intimidated. But if I don't try I'll never improve.

Name:	intagration1.png 
Views:	345 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	19704  

Steve Newport

-My Gallery-

-Featured Artist 2002-

Name:	inte.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	19280  
    Steve Newport

-www.SteveNewport.com-

Gary, I laughed that you included my Alice in Wonderland quote! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Tim, your graphic is really great, but you spelled "integration" wrong.

I have no idea how I am going to decide on one of these. I like many of them a lot! Maybe after all the entries are in, you guys and gals could offer your professional opinions about which designs you like best and think would get the best reaction from a consumer shopping at a book store.

I am working on a few ideas for my own designs, but so far they seem too complex for me to do them easily with my limited Xara experience.

One of my ideas involves using a child's blocks, so if anyone has created this type of graphic before, maybe you could play with that idea.

Thanks for the great ideas, and keep them coming! What you think of as lame might be just what I'm looking for.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Dale,

I know, not only that, but it's not the one I ment to post. That's not the final, I wasn't looking when I posted and I don't know how to
    get rid of it so as to post the correct one.
    The final is the same except a different blue back ground, and the title. Oh well

That's the spirit Tim. Looks like you are not the only one to misspell "integration" and I did it twice.

Mike

My mind is more phonetic, so I say it and want to spell it: intergration. One to many 'r's there!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I like ALL these ideas!! I just try to keep in mind that this is a metaphysical type of book. Metaphysical is not meant as we all have come to know the word. It is a word that is used to explain something that is beyond the "norm" to us common folks.

Dale has strongly hinted that the book will be about self healing, making use of the mind and spirits ability to let go of the past pain that we all carry with us from experiences long gone. Thus when the past is completely healed and that is let go of and you are truly ready to move forward and your open to recieving positive energy. Kind of like filling up holes that needed filling up, but with positive energy in it's place, thus the body will be more alive and positive, thus the person, as a whole, would be more alive and positive in there day to day living.

Personally I, who is one living with HIV, am on my own personal journey to heal from within, using similar techniques. My Spiritual Mentor is confidant that I am capable of spontaneous healing. It's all about living in the moment. Not letting the past control you or dwelling on what has not happened yet. It's allot of work but so far it's all been good. Hey, after 20 years with this I am NOT who I was, nor would I ever go back, why should I, it's all in the past!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

So I used a human figure shape, in my submission, to draw attention. I see that many books, when I am researching something on health related issues, esp. mind issues, usually catch my eye if I see a human shape on the cover, for some reason it draws me to look inside. But that's just me. I am very visual, so I look for graphics to entice me to look further when I am shopping around for such a book.

Just my 2 cents!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Richard [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

---Wolff On The Prowl---
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

I must admit that your image is very compelling for the reasons you mentioned. I like the way you have included the human form, and your image has stuck in my head more than any other.

NOTE: My book is NOT metaphysical. I took a scientific approach in the development of Integration, not a New Age or "spiritual" approach. I view human beings as physical/biological creatures, and my theory and technique was developed with that premise in mind.

I am a big fan of James Randi, the magician and critical thinking guru.

Here are a couple of my recent attempts at a book cover.

Why, I’m afraid I can’t explain myself, sir, because I’m not myself, you know...
    - Lewis Carroll

Name:	book_cover_2.gif 
Views:	290 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	8724  

- Lewis Carroll

Name:	book_cover_4.gif 
Views:	301 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	18821  

I see the concept of the development of a person as being the sum total of experience. Imagine the person presenting a sold form to the world when viewed from the contempory view point but if viewed from a future point the individual would be seen as incomplete, translucent and lacking hard/solid form, perhaps being propelled forward towards the future viewer by the experiences being assimilated.
    People talk about a full spectrum of experience so I have shown the experiences as a spectrum of light behind the 'forming' individual.

It's only a quick sketch of a subject that would require a great deal of thought and work to do it justice in my opinion.

derek

Name:	integration.jpg 
Views:	297 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	10856