Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 3D illustrations...

you do append all your posts, of late anyway, in this thread with the exhortation
    enjoy!
    so I just wondered if edwinasyneak actually did [not that I expected a reply]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you do append all your posts, of late anyway, in this thread with the exhortation so I just wondered if edwinasyneak actually did [not that I expected a reply]
    Ah, that. Yeah, been making posts in Facebook and have been appending the "enjoy" to those posts. So I copy/pasted this text from there, but then tweaked the text to be more specific for here - but forgot to remove the "enjoy" part... whoops. I do hope anyone viewing these are enjoying themselves, though.

So turns of phrases, bother you? It's just language.
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 25 May 2021 at 09:28 PM.

I do hope anyone viewing these are enjoying themselves, though.
    Of course we do. I always appreciate how other TG members use Xara in producing their work in whatever format.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I also enjoy seeing your work. The depth of your imagination is nothing short of wonderous to me. I don't play these games, but yet I like to read your descriptions and can usually 'see' what you are portraying.

Excellent work.

i don't do the games, not at all my thing, but you certainly produce the art
    Nothing lasts forever...

Been busy - mostly writing, editing, page layout, and cover design for my Planet Builder project. And am posting the cover design to show - and the design was created in XDP11 at least.

And of course @handrawn - I fully know, what I create and it's purpose has little to do with most other members of the Talkgraphics community (you guys aren't my target market). Just posting art here, as I do from time to time.

Here's playing around with another animal shaped starship. I've done crustaceans before, but have never made a shrimp/prawn design before. Again just for fun - I got intrigued with the shape of a shrimps head for a design and what got me started. I'm starting to think this ship flies backwards - it can fly both forward and backwards, but thinking due to standard shrimp tail movement, in it's primary cruising speed it's flying backwards. It can do a "Crazy Ivan" stunt, I think, as well most ships I create sized small to large feature maneuvering pods for thrusters that can rotate allowing a rapid spin on the spot, I'd think. I see it as a scrapper salvage ship or drone, dropped by a carrier as a couple dozen to rain onto a gargantuan derelict ship, to be rendered to nothing in disassembly - like a swarm of shrimp eating a dead whale in the depths... Anyway the Prawn!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	planet-builder-cover.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	129919 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prawn.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	129920

it's good to have the imagination... mine works in a very different way [that isn't always appreciated on TG ]
    Nothing lasts forever...

So it turns out, I'm using that "shrimp drone" from the previous thread, and creating a variety of crustacean based ship designs, and calling them Crustacea. Here's a crab ship version, and a pair of wood louse/pill bug configured repairs drones whose articulated antenna are 3D printer heads, essentially, using refined disassembled materials as print media...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crab-ship.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	129956Click image for larger version. 

Name:	repair-crustacea.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	129957