Yes - assuming you mean Xara GmbH - but this presupposes that the market, their SAAS is pitched at, is sufficient to generate the necessary income stream; and for that I have no data

As I recall, when you create an account for xara cloud/pro+ you are required to give a company [team] name; the whole focus is online collaboration... once such a network is established it can become another business expense and persist; question is how much long-term milage does this approch have for Xara..

I am not sure that The Xara Group Ltd [as it was then] was naive in their venture with Magix, my feeling is that they were not generating enough money and they saw the tie up as a good way to expand their marketing base; I also feel that, since Xara GmbH was set up with venture capital, that arrangement may only have been partly successful; I would discount the Magix channel from having any major impact on the company's future... everyone in business knows that what really generates income is repeat sales, and like others, I don't see the Magix channel doing this

But that then brings us to Affinity - in the half decade or so I have had their product I have only paid once per program, so they obviously have a good model, but the Mac side gives a much bigger user base... so instead of repeat sales from existing customers, it's get straight to the new customers as they start out or fall away from Adobe/Corel.... - Again a possible reason why Xara are now majoring on 'platform independant product' - maybe they should have been Mac from the start, maybe not.. I think Charles Moir saw an oportunity with Windows where there was a gap in the market, but perhaps the take up was never really good enough, which is why I don't see the Magix channel impacting

One thing I'm pretty sure of - if I were staring with vector now as I did 20 Years ago I would go with Affinity, hindsight says I'd miss a lot of the XDP usability, but what you startout with moulds yoour perception...

Lastly, and because I am a pedant, I have addressed: Do you consider Xara has a future;
as for the second part: beyond milking the last penny out of loyal user that is pretty subjective... I have used the software, and still use the software in a way that does not lock me in, others I know are different, but if you put your head in a noose, do it with your eyes open, no one is actually forcing you to do this, infuriating as it often becomes

A qualified yes is an unsure vote