Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bitmap Size

Does Xara3D 4 have any type of size limitation for the bitmaps that can be imported? The one I am trying to bring in shows up in the preview window as a black "nothing", then just doesn't import at all!

Does Xara3D 4 have any type of size limitation for the bitmaps that can be imported? The one I am trying to bring in shows up in the preview window as a black "nothing", then just doesn't import at all!

Hi, Cedar, and welcome...

I'm afraid that's probably because it doesn't import bitmaps.

Windows metafiles (.wmf, .emf) and Xara files (.xar, .web) only!

HTH [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on October 24, 2001 at 13:24.]

No, No! I mean the files that you can bring in for use as a texture or background! The file in question can, in fact, be "imported" just fine if I crop it way down and bring in only part of it! They are the bmp, jpg, gif, and png formats.

Sorry I misunderstood you, Cedar! I can see what you meant now but, no, I don't know the answer.

Where's Egg? He might!

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS I've only edited my earlier post to correct a spelling mistake!

Cedar,

which fileformat are you trying to import (JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG) and which color mode does it have ??

X3D can't handle CMYK-images and possibly fails at some kinds of compression.

If it's not too big, you may want to post your texture here and I will try if it works on my system.

Wolfgang

File format is BMP. Color mode (if I understand what that is!), is RGB.

That would be fantastic if you would try it on your system, however I think it's too big, at about 7 1/2 megs. I don't suppose there's any way to "shrink" it down so it could be posted..??

Thanks much,
    Cedar

As a result of Mr. Priester's reply to my other post, I have discovered that X3D can apparently only handle bitmap files up to 2,000 pixels, each way. Hmmm....sure would have been nice if the import routine could have told me that to begin with! (Would've maybe saved a couple of hairs!!!)

However, it would be interesting to hear from someone who really knows what the limitations are in this regard!