Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi folks

Forgive me for what is probably a basic question..but hey I don't know what i'm doing (!) and i've been asked to do our intranet web pages at work (IE and netscape used equally), i've tried to familiarise myself with dreamweaver and fireworks...but seem to be have basic problems like:
    1. I plan to design my pages in layout view, what should the measurements of my 'outer table' be. I have been putting down the first table on autostretch but have found that different screen sizes allow me to see different amounts of my page and the info on it. I would like to see all the info on the page regardless of size. How do I do this in dreamweaver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    IP

Hi folks

Forgive me for what is probably a basic question..but hey I don't know what i'm doing (!) and i've been asked to do our intranet web pages at work (IE and netscape used equally), i've tried to familiarise myself with dreamweaver and fireworks...but seem to be have basic problems like:
    1. I plan to design my pages in layout view, what should the measurements of my 'outer table' be. I have been putting down the first table on autostretch but have found that different screen sizes allow me to see different amounts of my page and the info on it. I would like to see all the info on the page regardless of size. How do I do this in dreamweaver?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    IP

Try this:

my html got hidden!

table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"

www.thelondonhouse.co.uk

[This message was edited by Simon T Lewis on November 05, 2001 at 13:16.]
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    IP

Hey dove,
    i use dreamweaver and i had the same problem and asked in this forum a while back.
    You have to use percentages for table width. Now this is something i don't understand about dreamweaver, in layout view you can't select percentages for table dimensions in the properites box, you have to either change to the standard view, or edit the html manually.
    So for example give the table a width of say 90%. this means no matter what screen size you have the table will always span 90% of it.
    One other thing, percentage values don't work for height, not sure why though, so you have to use pixel values( or just drag the table to the right size).
    hope this helps.
    Chuck
    IP

Cheers Chuck, thats a real help. Its hard to believe that something so fundamental isn't that obvious in dreamweaver.

Thanks
    dove
    IP