Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Can I make a variant that is lareger that the main page?

I tend to use a wider format for more modern looking sites.

You can go to File > Page Options > Page Size and select Custom from the drop down box. Being lazy, I pick Tumblr Post (1280 x 1920). I leave the mobile variant at 480px and set Web Export Options to Scale to Fit Width.

Try the above sizes and play around with different widths and see which looks best for your content.

I tried the "fit to width" option and it looks pretty clunky at 1920 so I want to create a larger variant, but not sure if it will work.
    You can set the maximum width in the 'Fit to Width'. Set it at 1440 and it wont expand any larger.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Page widths of 1920 are hard to pull off, I have no idea why you would build a page at anything like that width.

I'd like to see some examples of pages that have a width like that. You may change my opinion.

Paul I don't think ET was trying to create a website 1920 wide, he just stated that if he used 'fit to width' the site looked clunky at 1920. I belive his intention is to expand his current main page from 960 to 1440.

I'm not a great lover over 'overly' wide webpages either, just because you can do it doesn't mean you have to.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host