Okay, second to the last map of the Abandoned Streets map set (number 11) for use in Cyberpunk/Modern/Post Apocalypse/Sci-Fi games. This is another alley map, but this one was inspired by the Kowloon walled city that once existed outside Hong Kong, where a few streets ran through this urban district of makeshift concrete boxes for buildings stacked on top of each other 10 to 15 stories, and tight pedestrian alley ways with businesses at ground level. Unlike most American cities where the alleys are places for back doors and loading docks, not for general public use, here the alleys are the shopping districts. At top center, I have a sci-fi-esque secret lab of some kind, probably illegal. Right of that is a hardware shop with a broken window - that was a fun experiment to try. Center left is what I started with, and the only fully 3D structure in the map. I wanted a diner with a half dome glass window on the side, just for interesting architecture. Bottom left is the hint of some industrial power plant of some kind, and the bottom center is a hair salon. To it's right is a cargo container garage with a vehicle inside. I had fun with this one. Last map will probably be rubble and collapsed buildings, something the set needs, and something I hadn't created yet... enjoy!

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	street-kowloon-alley.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	128507