Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
Hi shmuelg

Version 12 - 17 all should use the same license on the PC. If this is not happening and v17 is using another license then that sounds like a bug. If you contact Magix at infoservice@magix.net they should be able to assist and look into this with the appropriate department.

Thanks
Rob
Rob, from chatting with shmuelg, it is obvious he has tried with Magix and got nowhere in understanding the situation.

I will try in simpler terms.

If you have an individual Serial Number then you can have two Activations against it.
Here, v12 and v17 are running under the same Serial Number.
You can only have two instances of any of v12, v15, v16 & v17 across up to two devices, necessarily, activated at any one time.

The problem with de-activating and re-activating, as I understand it, is you will be reverted all the way back to the registration version, losing all patches and bug fixes.

Some other people have paid for updates and even new licences and are not truly aware of their status:

• In your open Xara Desktop application(s), press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+1 and record the Serial Number(s). Sadly, you cannot copy and paste. [There are more complicated routes to getting to this value that i have previously identified on TG].
  • Next go to https://www.magix.com/gb/support/my-service-center/ and login in with your username/password. Open My Products and expand out details for the recorded Serial Numbers.

Acorn