Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
Pnchdara, you have fallen into the mire around Magix's marketing and Xara's hope of cleaving away from their partner. It is a b***hfest of many years' fester and you are one of the many.

If you want your upgrade go to https://www.magix.com/gb/photo-graph...-designer-pro/ and pick the Free trial button towards the bottom of the page. This allows you to use your current licence number and purchase email address to register, provided you are withing the Update service cover.
If you are not you can repurchase with the Upgrade button.

Xara Design Pro+ & Xara Cloud+ are Xara's alternative route.
For a better understanding, read my notes inhttps://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?83565-Casual-Notes-on-Xara-Cloud-and-Xara-Pro-Combo.
Elsewhere i did a cost-benefit analysis but no point in linking...

TGers will be sorry to lose you.

Acorn
Thanks Acorn. I too will miss the valuable talent such as yourself, gwpriester, angelize and all the others. I can't express my disappointment - however that being said, look at Inkscape, GIMP, Chasys, Krita, Scribus, Blender and Paint.Net to name some excellent alternative freeware (donations accepted), then there's Photoline, Serif Affinity (Designer, Photo and Publisher - all living, breathing projects) and Resolve (slightly different category). There's a plethora of alternatives. Getting on their bandwagons is just a different way of looking at things and changing workflow slightly. (Plenty of help out there)

Mentioning the various ways to buy/upgrade these Xara/Magix products reminds me of the magic roundabouts at Hemmel Hempstead - the Plough Roundabout - I'd bet the team at Xara arbitrarily drive around this weird set of rings and randomly take an exit and there they'd open a mysterious envelope that magically determines the way they'll try and exploit money from their customer base.... gotta see some dumb humour in it.

I wish all you guys the best. 2020 will have changed may peoples lives. Make sure your seat belts are fastened when Xara/Magix take their fizzy drive around the roundabouts.