Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I did this several weeks ago, but it was created as a bitmap in Painter then brought into XaraX for the wording and animation. It was 64kb. I started thinking about it and decided to re-do it totally in XaraX I think it looks just as good and I reduced the size by 14 kb.

One day I was reading an newspaper article that said cloning of humans is possible NOW. The first thing that popped into my head was of course of Dolly the sheep. Not trusting science all that much this is what I came up with.

Judi A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	babclone2.gif 
Views:	386 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	16391  

I did this several weeks ago, but it was created as a bitmap in Painter then brought into XaraX for the wording and animation. It was 64kb. I started thinking about it and decided to re-do it totally in XaraX I think it looks just as good and I reduced the size by 14 kb.

One day I was reading an newspaper article that said cloning of humans is possible NOW. The first thing that popped into my head was of course of Dolly the sheep. Not trusting science all that much this is what I came up with.

Judi A

Very clever image/animation, Judi!

My 4 year old said: "It's a BABY!... hey wait a MINUTE!..."

Great stuff!

Risto

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

This is the first time I've seen a Xara animation used as a social commentary. I think it works remarkably well - brilliant Judi!

Regards, Ross

PS - any chance you can also post your first version too?

Ross, okay here is the original

I really think the Xara version is maybe even better than the original. The blanket was put on in Xara, and I didn't want to do any folds etc. because I didn't want to add to the size of the image.

re: the social statement, what can I say just because it can be done is doesn't mean there is any value or reason to do it?

Judi A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	babclone.gif 
Views:	357 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	12629  

Was going to reply before but couldn't think what to add to Risto and Ross's comments...

But now I can say that I like them both! (I meant your pictures, not Risto and Ross, although I'm sure I'd like them too...)

Peter</p>

Peat Stack or Pete's Tack?</p>

PS Can tell you that, although Dolly the sheep was made in Scotland, we haven't actually started on sheep-babies yet!

[This message was edited by Peter Duggan on March 24, 2001 at 07:34 PM.]

This one is too cute!

Was the face done from scratch in painter? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks Panfer. Yes I did the face from "scratch" in Painter. In the Xara one, I used it to trace over it on another layer with the pen to create the vector version.
    Judi A