Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Cannot Connect With Web Host

If you have been blocking any of the Magix dross as I have, it is possible you have prevented your installation communicating back to base station MagiXara.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good one, Acorn, I'd forgotten about that and immediately took a look. I had renamed the 'Online' folder in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15, so I corrected that but it's still a no go.

I might have done something else to, as you point out, block out Magix dross but can't find anything. Could you point me to some other possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Good one, Acorn, I'd forgotten about that and immediately took a look. I had renamed the 'Online' folder in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\15, so I corrected that but it's still a no go.

I might have done something else to, as you point out, block out Magix dross but can't find anything. Could you point me to some other possibility?
    There are two folders, UPS and Update.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I can't find a UPS folder in my setup. Isn't that something that was introduced in version 16 or 17?

I can't find a UPS folder in my setup. Isn't that something that was introduced in version 16 or 17?
    Sorry, quite probably.

Are you able to access https://www.xara-online.com/?
    If so, can you then log into Control Centre and then access Xara Hosting?

I don't know if this is the same route you are describing for Magix access.

Acorn

I can access the website but don't have an account with Xara Hosting, only with Magix Online.

Wink Re: Cannot Connect With Web Host

I can access the website but don't have an account with Xara Hosting, only with Magix Online.
    Boy, you are in poo territory in having to raise a Magix Ticket.

Good luck.

Acorn