Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
i guess you will have read this:

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/engl...es_display.htm

from which:

also I understand all open parts, assemblies, etc must be closed for full screen anti-aliasing to be available in the program - ie if you open them full screen anti-aliasing is disabled....?

you cannot import a 3D view into xara, it will end up 2D, so you will need to use several different views as I guess you appreciate - I'd try PDF first on the assumption that will be vector... but I don't have any experience of the program to confirm
1. Yes I have tried closing everything rebooting the PC but nothing seems to get the "Full scene anti-aliasing" button to un-grey itself.

2. I am aware of course aware that XDP only works in 2D, but I am wanting some 3D _views_ of models from particular angles, in 2D data, not actual 3D data.

I have a long history of not getting on very well with adobe's PDF format, but at first blush it does seem to work and if there is nothing better I'll with that.

PS What's so weird is just how poor a lot of CAD packages seem to be at drawing their lines using anti-aliasing. SolidWorks is market leader but in 3D you need a £500 graphics card to get antialiasing and even then I am told that their 2D drawing modules still can't anti-alias to screen. Hopeless.