Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Corel Draw 2020

Hybrid View

Default Re: Corel Draw 2020

Ctrl + R to repeat the last step. I have asked for this for year to no avail.

Corel's new investors are smokin' crack. It's not a sustainable price structure. Version 2019 was, from all/every account, unusable. To have reasonable pricing, one needed to pay $249 + a $99 "upgrade protection" fee. Thereafter CD cost $99/yr. Version 2020 has less bugs, but they are there.

I got off the CD merry-go-round at version 2018 as I refused to pay the roughly $350 to get 2019 (which I wouldn't have been able to use anyway due to bugs and removed functionality. Upgrades had been roughly $175 (and sometimes less) for several versions but ended at v.2018.

Illustrator as a single app subscription is $20, but Adobe can be talked down a smidge. The whole CC suite can be had for about $35 to $50, depending on if one can get a deal. I do get ID jobs once in a blue moon and cannot use my CS6--I do subscribe for a month. Though I haven't need to rent for a few years now and just use QXP.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Corel's new investors are smokin' crack...
    I sometimes think this of magix, but for slightly different reasons...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I think Corel Draw is targeted to the embroidery, large graphic, t-shirt, sublimation markets. I used it and Xara in the '90s and early 2000. It was very good at using images across different products. I abandoned it because, at the time, only Xara could easily bend a line. Corel, then, had to convert a line into a different object. I still think it can't bend a line. My sublimation friends use it extensively.

There was a 320$ Cad offer for the whole suite when I visited, big price variation.

While I don't love the Corel Draw interface, they appear to be making useful improvements of creation tool.

It seems it becomes more and more difficult as a program mature to do so.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apGBNn5_700b.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	127055

I wonder if Corel Draw 2020 is good.

Just like.. the problems are laid out in a way such that going around them is fun. Does this make sense?
    BTW: Is there no disc version of it? CD 2020 is only "ESD"?
    Edit: Oh, there is a disc version. Corel CDGS2020DEHMDP Amazon has it for 579,- EUR

And does CD 2019 need internet at all? Internet is not listed in the requirements on the Amazon page.

And the requirements list for CD 2020 has internet in it, for activation purpose.

So, CorelDRAW 2019 did really not need internet for activation? Or did Amazon Germany just forget to tell customers it needs internet?

The first and only reviewer seems not to like CD 2020 because of subscription model things.

I don't really get it.

---- Got an answer from Kamal from Corel.

CorelDRAW always requires internet connection for activation. Program requires for login email ID and password, which requires active internet connection.

-----
    So, Amazon Germany just forgot to mention it and I was dreaming.
    Still, activate once, use forever, offline. Only, ... that reviewer says, collaboration functions are not in then. But ... don't need collab, so that would be okay. Just need it to go from splash screen to main application, and things like that.
    Last edited by me2; 21 July 2020 at 06:40 AM.

amazon are very much cavet emptor when it comes to the description of products - even the ones they supply themselves direct; there is a system in place to report errors

the same goes for their reviews, you have to be careful to check they actually refer to the specific product you are looking at

this from a prime meber who uses amazon a lot...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...